말보다 말씀! 빚보다 빛!

성경 전체를 배우고 사는 교회

[공지] God's DNA

• 작성자 : 웹섬김…
  • 조회 : 526
  • 20-05-02 18:39

5/2/20

Hope you all had another great week at home continuing with school and keeping busy. Maybe in a few weeks, everything will return to normal and we will be able to worship together at the House of the Lord! Until then, have faith, hope, and pray that as with all hardships, this will pass according to God’s will. This week, the pastor’s sermon will be about: Genesis 1:27-28. Please take the time to pre-read these verses with your family and discuss what God is teaching us and how we can incorporate them into our everyday lives. Stay sharp, both in mind and spirit, as we countdown the days towards returning to what we know as normal. 

We are all made in the image and likeness of our Creator. These are very powerful words! If you really think and ponder on these words, we have been created, not just for the sake of being “caretakers” of this earth, but in the image of our God. What does this mean? We are not just God’s forgotten creation, but we all have a piece of Him within us! If you create something that is a masterpiece, such as a painting or a statue, the maker always leaves their mark somewhere on their creation. It signifies that it was made by that person. When God created us, He didn’t have to leave His mark on us, instead, He made us in His image and likeness. He didn’t leave His mark on is because we are already His! 

He instead created us in His image. He gave us a piece of Himself when he created each and every one of us uniquely. Just like every person has a unique set of DNA and fingerprints, we each have a part of God that is totally unique to us. But, although we have these differences, it all boils down to this, we have been created by our one GOD! When all is said and done, we answer to Him and Him alone. Let us not forget that this is why we are all a member of God’s family. We may look black, white, yellow, red, blue, green, or whatever color, race, or gender, we all have a piece of God within in us that unites us as His blessed creation! We are all equally created, none better than the other. When we worship, we worship with one voice, thanks and praise to our Father, Creator, and our Savior. Sometimes, we owe it our God to just say thank you! We do not always need to pray for our petitions. He already knows exactly what we need and when we need them. 

Matthew 6:33

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Have a great weekend and don’t forget to enjoy worshiping our God. Never make it a chore, but worship from your heart. It’s what Jesus ever wanted from us! Stay safe another week and our prayers to worship together will soon be fulfilled by our amazing God. See you all soon at Papa’s house!

David Kim

댓글목록

Teacher's Letter

NO 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회
Good Friday to our Woori Youth! Hope you all had a great week and are enjoying the off day. It is Good Friday today. Have you wondered why it’s called Good Friday? Maybe Sorrowful or Suffering Friday might be …
웹섬김… 04-02 422
Happy New Year to our Woori Youth! 2020 was a very trying year for all of us. Especially to those in school, online Zoom classes became the norm that no one could have imagined in years past. I’m sure your par…
웹섬김… 01-10 430
Happy Holidays! Wait a minute! As proud Christians, we have the duty to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! We KNOW what time of year it is. Let’s not make it an ambiguous time, we are not going to please all by wishi…
웹섬김… 12-19 490
11/01/20Greetings to our Woori Youth! It has been a few weeks since I last sent you a text. Hope everyone is healthy and in constant communication with our Lord and Savior! This week’s sermon is from the Gospel of …
웹섬김… 11-01 486
09/26/2020Happy Saturday to our Woori Youth! Hope that this week was filled with food for your stomach as well as food for your brain through classes in school or online. This week, we will discuss the Gospel of John 12:…
웹섬김… 09-26 472
Happy weekend to our Woori Youth!Hope that you all have been safe and enjoying online or in school classes. Who actually enjoys school?? Not everyone, but if it’s something that has to be done, do it with a positiv…
웹섬김… 09-12 530
09/06/2020Good Sunday to our Woori Youth! How is school going for you guys? I know it has been a challenge a couple of weeks. Online classes kicking you out and the uncertainty of what will happen when winter comes.…
웹섬김… 09-06 441
8/15/20Happy Saturday to our Woori Youth!Hope this was a great week for you guys and for those who started school this week, it’s been the most unique beginning to a school year, but we as God’s greatest crea…
웹섬김… 08-15 483
Good Sunday to our Woori Youth! How have y’all been? I know it’s been tough for many to practice social distancing during this summer, but your perseverance is helping to flatten the pandemic curve and g…
웹섬김… 08-02 476
07/19/20Happy Sunday to our Woori Youth! Hope that everyone is safe and healthy. Weather-wise, it is definitely summer! Even though we are social distancing, please make sure to get outside and bask in the sunshine …
웹섬김… 07-19 533
7/4/20Happy 4th of July to our Woori Youth! Hoping that all of you have had a great week staying busy and safe. Some disappointing news concerning the resurgence of the coronavirus. But remember that it is always darkest…
웹섬김… 07-04 543
6/27Good Saturday to our Woori Youth! How have you all been? Just when it feels like this pandemic is going to be over, cases are multiplying. We seem to live in such an impatient world. Vigilance and sacrifice is laid w…
웹섬김… 06-28 513
6/14/20Happy Sunday to our Woori Youth! It has been such a nice week, weather-wise, and I hope y’all have had a chance to get some sun. This week, our pastor’s sermon is from the Gospel of John 6:22-59. Pleas…
웹섬김… 06-14 557
5/31/2020Happy Sunday to our Woori Youth! Hope you all had another great week. I think for all of you, school is finally over for this year. Let the endless days of summer begin! This week, our pastor’s sermon is f…
웹섬김… 05-31 440
5/23Good Saturday to our Woori Youth! I have a new work schedule and am losing track of the days of the week. I almost forgot that today is Saturday! I hope that you all have been healthy and still abiding by the social …
웹섬김… 05-23 571
5/9/20A happy, cool, and sunny Saturday to our Woori youth! This year is flying by! It’s already almost mid-May. Another school year is almost over! For me anyway, the more I seem to enjoy the days that God has giv…
웹섬김… 05-09 589
5/2/20Hope you all had another great week at home continuing with school and keeping busy. Maybe in a few weeks, everything will return to normal and we will be able to worship together at the House of the Lord! Until th…
웹섬김… 05-02 527
4/25/20Good Friday to our Woori Youth! Hope you all had another great week. Are you guys getting bored staying at home and social distancing? Hang in there! It’s the best thing we can do as a society in preventing …
웹섬김… 04-25 554
4/17/20How are you all doing? Hope y’all had a good Easter and a great Easter worship with your family! It’s been almost a month since the “Shelter In Place” has been implemented here in Austin. H…
웹섬김… 04-18 480
4/12/2020Hope you all have had another good week at home helping to end the Coronavirus with your social distancing. This week is, you guessed it, Easter Sunday! To me, it is the 2nd most important day of the year. Chris…
웹섬김… 04-11 548
4/3Good Friday to our Woori Youth! I hope you guys are keeping busy during these “shelter in place” times. Some people have described this as a once in a generation event/experience. Maybe it will be somethin…
웹섬김… 04-03 534
3/28/20Good Saturday to our Woori Youth! I hope you guys have a great week at home trying to understand what social distancing is.  I know it’s been hard on most of you, but we have to comply with our governme…
웹섬김… 03-28 551
Happy Friday to our Woori Youth!  hope all of you guys are home safe. So much has happened in the past week concerning the way we interact with not only each other but with our Creator as well. First of all, wi…
웹섬김… 03-21 558
3/13/2020Happy start of spring break to our Woori Youth! Although this spring break brings uncertainty, I hope you all get to enjoy some downtime to rest, sleep, and read the Bible! This week’s discussion will focu…
웹섬김… 03-13 481
3/7/20Happy Saturday to our Woori Youth! Hope you all are having a great weekend and enjoying a couple of days off. This week we will focus on John chapter 4. Please take 5 minutes to read the chapter to better understan…
웹섬김… 03-07 566
2/21/20Happy Friday to our Woori Youth! Hope you all had a great week. Some rain this week, but the weekend looks to be sunny and cool. This week, we will discuss the gospel of John 3:1-21.Please make sure to pre-read th…
웹섬김… 02-22 497
2/14/20Good Friday to our Woori Youth! Hope most of you have a 3 day weekend! This week, we will discuss the gospel of John 2:1-25. Please take some time to read the chapter and ponder the first miracle that Jesus p…
웹섬김… 02-15 535
2/7Happy Friday to our Woori Youth! I hope you all had another great week walking, talking, and accomplishing God’s will. This week, we continue with the Gospel of John 1: 35-51. These verses talk about who the dis…
웹섬김… 02-07 550
1/31/20Happy last day of January to our Woori Youth! It's going to be a very nice weekend. I hope you all can get some sun before it starts roasting you. This week, we will discuss the Gospel of John 1:19-34. What is…
웹섬김… 02-01 546
1/25Happy Saturday to our Woori Church Youth! I can’t believe how fast 2020 is going. January is almost ova! I hope you all had another great week of life, school, and of course, walking with Jesus! This week, we w…
웹섬김… 01-26 525