말보다 말씀! 빚보다 빛!

성경 전체를 배우고 사는 교회

[공지] Behold, I send my messenger

• 작성자 : 웹섬김…
  • 조회 : 332
  • 20-01-18 00:49

1/17

Good Friday to our Woori Youth! Cold and rainy day in ATX, but most of you guys have a 3 day weekend! Thank you Jesus for Martin Luther King! This week, we will discuss John 1: 9-13. These verses are written about John the Baptist. Just as we talked about who Jesus was last week, we will discuss who John the Baptist was.

Matthew 11:10-11

This is he of whom it is written, “‘Behold, I send my messenger before your face, who will prepare your way before you.’ Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has arisen no one greater than John the Baptist. Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Jesus spoke very highly of John. Why is John the Baptist so important in scripture? Who exactly was he? Please take just 1 minute to read the verses we will discuss. Not only is it our duty, but it is a way to study God’s words. See you guys on Sunday. 

Something that I heard on the radio that I want to share with you guys. This made me look at prayer in a whole new perspective! 

Luke 22:31-32

‘Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers.”

The phrase, “but I have prayed.” Who has prayed? For whom? 

If Jesus, God born man, prays to His Father in heaven, how important is a prayer for us?? We are taught to “keep our eyes upon Jesus” and to try to live our lives as Jesus did. Jesus, in these verses, teaches us just how important prayer is. I used to think that God already knows what I will pray for. But prayer is our communication with God. Through prayer, we have and maintain our relationship with God. The more we pray, even though we might think that God already knows what we will pray for, the better and stronger our relationship will become. If Jesus prayed, we MUST pray all the more! Throughout the Gospels, we read of Jesus praying all the time. We read those verses in passing and never realize the importance of prayer. If you can learn just 2 things from the Gospels, I feel that obeying God’s commandments and praying to God are some of the important lessons that Jesus teaches us. Prayer doesn’t have to belong, it can be short and to the point. The important aspect is that we actively choose to pursue and keep our relationship with God. When we do not speak to friends for a long time, we grow apart. I pray that you all keep in constant contact with our Creator, Father, and Savior, Jesus. Only through Him can we go to the Father! Have a great weekend and see you all at Papa’s house!

David Kim

댓글목록

Teacher's Letter

NO 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회
14 [공지] Behold, I send my messenger 웹섬김… 01-18 333
13 [공지] Who Is Jesus! 웹섬김… 01-12 297
12 [공지] Happy New Year! 웹섬김… 01-06 231
11 [공지] Pray, First and Foremost! 웹섬김… 12-29 295
10 [공지] Self control! 웹섬김… 12-14 310
9 [공지] Faith, faithful, faithfulness... 웹섬김… 12-01 334
8 [공지] Happy Thanksgiving! 웹섬김… 11-29 269
7 [공지] Thanksgiving 웹섬김… 11-23 327