말보다 말씀! 빚보다 빛!

성경 전체를 배우고 사는 교회

[공지] What Does “Peace” Mean to You?

• 작성자 : 웹섬김…
  • 조회 : 405
  • 19-10-27 03:42

10/26

Happy chilly Saturday to our Woori Church Youth! Wow! Some weather eh?? Hope you all bad a great week “Walking and leaping and praising God!” This week, we will continue with discussing another fruit that the Holy Spirit blesses us with, peace. What does “peace” mean to you? When are you at peace? Don’t go to pieces thinking about peace!

Something I read this week that I want to share with you all. It’s a little long, so bear with me..
There was a grandma who was talking with her pastor concerning the way she would like her funeral to be done. She told him what clothes she had prepared and what kind of flowers she wanted at her funeral service. The last request she had for the pastor was a promise from him that she would be buried with a fork in her hand. The pastor was perplexed at this request. He asked her, why a fork? She told him that ever since she was a little girl, when her mother would take her to fancy restaurants, the waiter/server would always tell them to keep their fork, meaning that there was something else on the way. Probably a delicious chocolate cake or a sublime key lime pie for dessert. She wanted to be buried with her fork because she KNEW that something better was coming to her after she had died! WOW! How much at peace, how much faith, and how much joy did this sweet old grandma have in God that she was so confident at the “dessert” that only Jesus can offer her was coming her way!

I implore you guys, the faithful leaders of tomorrow, to not only have this “fork” in your hand, but to have the FAITH, CONFIDENCE, and REASSURANCE, in our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST to pre-order that everlasting “dessert”! Have a sweet tooth for God! See you guys tomorrow.

David Kim

댓글목록

Teacher's Letter

NO 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회
14 [공지] Behold, I send my messenger 웹섬김… 01-18 333
13 [공지] Who Is Jesus! 웹섬김… 01-12 297
12 [공지] Happy New Year! 웹섬김… 01-06 231
11 [공지] Pray, First and Foremost! 웹섬김… 12-29 295
10 [공지] Self control! 웹섬김… 12-14 310
9 [공지] Faith, faithful, faithfulness... 웹섬김… 12-01 334
8 [공지] Happy Thanksgiving! 웹섬김… 11-29 269
7 [공지] Thanksgiving 웹섬김… 11-23 327